Submission informationProposals will include the following entries:
- proposal sections: title, keywords, research question/s/problem, context/theory, methods, the expected outcomes (what you hope to contribute and get from the Doctoral Consortium), references/bibliography (not part of the word count)
- (optional) software, videos, audio recordings, blueprints documenting music interface concepts and physical prototypes, either uploaded along with the main document or hyperlinked from it
- a short recommendation letter from the Supervisor, also clarifying the student's year of study, research objectives, method, and activity in the context of the Department/Research Lab where the PhD is done
Submission processDoctoral Consortium submissions will be using Pubpub, a multimedia platform for publication. Authors will create submissions there, export them as PDFs, and submit them for review through the NIME 2022 Conference Management Toolkit (CMT).
Doctoral Consortium submission template
Selection processThe Doctoral Consortium committee will review and select a limited number of candidates via a curation process that considers the quality of their work, and its possibilities to contribute to the creation of a multidisciplinary, diverse, balanced and ethical discussion forum furthermore highly profitable for the participants. Duplicated material submitted also to other NIME calls will be immediately rejected from the Doctoral Consortium.
At the ConferenceIf accepted, based on your proposal, we will ask you to design a multimedia poster to both contribute to a live consortium discussion and virtual poster at the NIME conference. Each poster can include performances, demo, design, etc. The Doctoral Consortium will run the day before the beginning of the main conference, on June 27th, with the Chairs actively participating to the event. Please note that the final posters won't be published in the NIME proceedings.
Doctoral Consortium submission deadline: 1 April 2022
- Doctoral Consortium submission extended deadline: 15 April 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 1 May 2022
Please contact the Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs should you have any questions.